Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Nancies - Live at the Playhouse!!

Hi Katrina here, doing my first ever blog.

Last Sunday night we 4 girls had a gig at the Playhouse in Mapua.

Liz & Kath had gone out earlier in the day to do set-up and sound.
We're very self-sufficient. I personally thought the sound was perfick on the evening, which is a real credit to L & K. We're not trained in that area at all, that I know of.
They raced back to Nelson, just in time to hurriedly change clothes, put on some lippie, and travel out together in Jane's groovy new 4WD, gifted to her by her lovely Dad who died recently.

After dinner at the Playhouse, we took to the stage, and sang two 45 min sets to a very appreciative crowd. We had a couple of "newies". "Whatever gets you thru the night" from Lennon's "Wall & Bridges" album, and "This old love' by Lior. Google this guy. He's amazing.

All in all I think the gig went really well. We sang beautifully!! Rob's lighting was great. And his smoke machine added ambience. We didn't choke on it, so that's always a bonus!!

Oh, and Kath's nephew started the call for an encore at the end. Thanks Louie. We owe you ;)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Glad you girls are thinking of a CD FINALLY. Or even some downloads. Look forward. So sorry I missed the Fairfield House gig. As Liz said, I really must mend my slack fan-ness.

Viejo said...

I hope you gals can put out some CDs some day. I heard you on a utube, but you know how the quality is on those. It is always nice to see pictures of your performances. Don't suppose you are booking anything in the USA soon. (Grin) Keep up the good work.
Bill from the states, a friend of Meg's.